Little pig goes wee wee wee all the way home: mirco-pig escapes in Sidmouth
- Credit: Francine Hayes
An escaped micro-pig gave one resident a bit of a shock in Sidmouth this week.
Francine Hayes was driving down Balfours on Tuesday, June 25 when she spotted what she thought was a wild boar.
The 69-year-old, of Balfour Gardens, said: "I was driving the car and I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw what I thought was a wild boar.
"It was a bit of a shock, I just thought, I must take a photo, and got out the car. Then she started to come towards me grunting so I jumped back into the car.
"I put the picture on social media and someone commented saying she was a tame micropig that has escaped from the reserve nearby and that she even had her own Instagram page - The Amazing World of Phoebe.
You may also want to watch:
"Turns out she is a lovely little pig."
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon