Little pig goes wee wee wee all the way home: mirco-pig escapes in Sidmouth
- Credit: Francine Hayes
An escaped micro-pig gave one resident a bit of a shock in Sidmouth this week.
Francine Hayes was driving down Balfours on Tuesday, June 25 when she spotted what she thought was a wild boar.
The 69-year-old, of Balfour Gardens, said: "I was driving the car and I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw what I thought was a wild boar.
"It was a bit of a shock, I just thought, I must take a photo, and got out the car. Then she started to come towards me grunting so I jumped back into the car.
"I put the picture on social media and someone commented saying she was a tame micropig that has escaped from the reserve nearby and that she even had her own Instagram page - The Amazing World of Phoebe.
You may also want to watch:
"Turns out she is a lovely little pig."
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival