Little pig goes wee wee wee all the way home: mirco-pig escapes in Sidmouth
- Credit: Francine Hayes
An escaped micro-pig gave one resident a bit of a shock in Sidmouth this week.
Francine Hayes was driving down Balfours on Tuesday, June 25 when she spotted what she thought was a wild boar.
The 69-year-old, of Balfour Gardens, said: "I was driving the car and I couldn't believe my eyes. I saw what I thought was a wild boar.
"It was a bit of a shock, I just thought, I must take a photo, and got out the car. Then she started to come towards me grunting so I jumped back into the car.
"I put the picture on social media and someone commented saying she was a tame micropig that has escaped from the reserve nearby and that she even had her own Instagram page - The Amazing World of Phoebe.
You may also want to watch:
"Turns out she is a lovely little pig."
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward