Milk thieves continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town s police.
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town's police.
The Herald reported earlier this year how as many as 20 deliveries had been pinched recently, causing sour residents to cancel their rounds.
The recent late-night pilfering of a further three pints from a Slade Close property has led to a police vow to up late night patrols in the area. Offenders face an �80 on the pot fine if caught.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Phil Thomas wants anyone who has suffered thefts to come forward and said: "I would remind people this is still theft and offenders will be dealt with firmly. They are taking milk from pensioners who then have to go into town to replace it."
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information can contact Ottery police on 08452 777 444.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb