Milk thieves continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town s police.
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town's police.
The Herald reported earlier this year how as many as 20 deliveries had been pinched recently, causing sour residents to cancel their rounds.
The recent late-night pilfering of a further three pints from a Slade Close property has led to a police vow to up late night patrols in the area. Offenders face an �80 on the pot fine if caught.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Phil Thomas wants anyone who has suffered thefts to come forward and said: "I would remind people this is still theft and offenders will be dealt with firmly. They are taking milk from pensioners who then have to go into town to replace it."
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information can contact Ottery police on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary