Milk thieves continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town s police.
MILK thieves, who continue to plunder Ottery doorsteps in the dead of night, have been warned over the consequences of their actions by the town's police.
The Herald reported earlier this year how as many as 20 deliveries had been pinched recently, causing sour residents to cancel their rounds.
The recent late-night pilfering of a further three pints from a Slade Close property has led to a police vow to up late night patrols in the area. Offenders face an �80 on the pot fine if caught.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Phil Thomas wants anyone who has suffered thefts to come forward and said: "I would remind people this is still theft and offenders will be dealt with firmly. They are taking milk from pensioners who then have to go into town to replace it."
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information can contact Ottery police on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start