Coastal fun day to help clean up Sidmouth beach
- Credit: Archant
A founder of a health recipe box company is heading back to his home town of Sidmouth to host a coastal clean up.
Giles Humphries, from Sidmouth, co-founded Mindful Chef, a health recipe box business, and is teaming up with Jurassic Paddle Sports for the afternoon on Saturday, September 14.
The Sidmouth businessman started up the successful business with his friends Rob Grief-Gran back in 2015.
The Herald previously reported how the trio were able to raise £1million in five days to support their business, which has received backing from Sir Andy Murray and Victoria Pendleton CBE.
The clean up will get underway at 12.30pm for an hour.
From 1.30pm there will be beach fitness style bootcamps with Mindful Chef ambassador Janey Holliday, paddle boarding and kayaking activities.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions will end at 2.30pm when goody bags will be handed out.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again