‘Minimal’ Sidmouth sewer works disruption hope
TOWN councillors hope a string of road closures resulting from a Sidmouth sewer revamp will have a “minimal” impact on traders and residents.
South West Water (SWW) will target parts of its network at risk of collapse as part of a �42million investment across the region.
Three weeks of work from November 7 to 25 will see closures and restrictions to six Sidmouth roads. High Street will be shut from Monday, November 14, to Wednesday, November 16 – but only at night in a bid to avoid disruption.
“As long as it (High Street) is open during the day when shops are trading, I don’t think anyone can object,” said town council chairman Stuart Hughes when the body met last week.
“It does seem that, by technology and timing, it will have minimal impact on the town,” added Councillor Simon Pollentine.
You may also want to watch:
He wanted to see signs put in place saying the town is still open for business if there are traffic delays.
“It (roadworks) seems to be going on all year with all these various things,” added Cllr Graham Liverton.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!
Bedford Square will be shut from Monday, November 7, to Tuesday, November 8. Coburg Road will then be closed from Thursday, November 10, to Friday, November 11.
Peaslands Road will be shut from Monday, November 21, to Tuesday, November 22.
Brewery Lane will follow suit from Wednesday, November 23, to Thursday, November 24.
Temporary traffic lights will also be used in Radway on Wednesday, November 16.