‘Minimal trouble at autumn festivals and more news
There was ‘minimal’ trouble in East Devon during the recent Halloween and firework night celebrations, according to the community safety co-ordinator. Read this and more.
TROUBLE TREND: There was ‘minimal’ trouble in East Devon during the recent Halloween and firework night celebrations, according to community safety co-ordinator Gerry Moore.
There were only five reported incidents of anti-social behaviour across the whole region and none involved complaints relating to Halloween related issues. Mr Moore thanked schools, parents, police, Devon Youth Service and shops. He added: “Hopefully we can maintain this in future years because it will certainly help to improve public confidence, especially among the older members of the community”.
DIVERS: Speakers from SW Maritime Archaeological Group have asked the Herald to point out they are not salvage divers, as described in an article about their talk at Kennaway House, but maritime archaeologists.
You may also want to watch:
AWARDS: Representatives from Sid Vale Association, Waitrose, Sidmouth Garden Centre and the Lions Club of Sidmouth, will present awards at this year’s Year 11 Awards Evening for Sidmouth College students on Thursday, December 8 at 7.30pm.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
FAIR: Sidmouth College Choir and Band will perform at Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary’s Christmas Fair on Saturday, December 3.