Missing Beer man found
Missing barman turns up at family home in Swindon-
A massive search for a missing Beer hotel worker was called off today after he turned up at his mother’s home in Swindon.
Jonathan Dixon, 37, a barman at the Dolphin, Beer, sparked a hunt across East Devon after he failed to report for work on Sunday morning.
Police, coastguards, lifeboat crews and a search and rescue helicopter from Portland were involved in the operation.
Mr Dixon had been described as a ‘high risk’ missing person and police put out an area-wide appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman at the Dolphin Hotel said today they had been told he had turned up unharmed at the family home.
She said she understood the search switched from the Beer and Seaton coastal area after someone had gone into the local police station to report having given Mr Dixon a lift to Axminster railway station.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
“We are all very relieved and happy – he is a nice man,” she added.
Police confirmed Mr Dixon had been located “safe and well” at an address in Wiltshire.