Missing Beer man found
Missing barman turns up at family home in Swindon-
A massive search for a missing Beer hotel worker was called off today after he turned up at his mother’s home in Swindon.
Jonathan Dixon, 37, a barman at the Dolphin, Beer, sparked a hunt across East Devon after he failed to report for work on Sunday morning.
Police, coastguards, lifeboat crews and a search and rescue helicopter from Portland were involved in the operation.
Mr Dixon had been described as a ‘high risk’ missing person and police put out an area-wide appeal for information.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman at the Dolphin Hotel said today they had been told he had turned up unharmed at the family home.
She said she understood the search switched from the Beer and Seaton coastal area after someone had gone into the local police station to report having given Mr Dixon a lift to Axminster railway station.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
“We are all very relieved and happy – he is a nice man,” she added.
Police confirmed Mr Dixon had been located “safe and well” at an address in Wiltshire.