Missing man found ""safe and well
AN ELDERLY man who went missing two days before Christmas was found unharmed on Christmas Eve. Police issued an appeal after George Edwards, 74, went missing on Tuesday, December 23 from the Sidmouth area. They alerted Sidmouth Lifeboat crew and Beer Coas
AN ELDERLY man who went missing two days before Christmas was found unharmed on Christmas Eve.
Police issued an appeal after George Edwards, 74, went missing on Tuesday, December 23 from the Sidmouth area.
They alerted Sidmouth Lifeboat crew and Beer Coastguard team, which then carried out a shoreline search for Mr Edwards at 11.05pm that day, but there was no trace of him.
The area covered was from Big Pocket Rock to the west of Sidmouth and up to Weston Mouth in the east.
You may also want to watch:
The four crewmen were Simon Sparrow, senior coxswain, Simon Priestley, Phil Shepperd and Mark Roden, with Dennis Hutchings driving the launch tractor.
Perry King from Sidmouth Lifeboat said: "After a thorough search of the area, using a white para illuminants, nothing untoward was found."
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
The lifeboat returned to base and was ready for service by 1.40pm.
The man was found on Christmas Eve morning. A police spokesman said: "Mr Edwards has been located safe and well.