Appeal for information as Sidmouth teenager search expands
- Credit: Archant
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen Daniel Chambers, 15, near the River Otter
Police searching for missing Sidmouth 15-year-old Daniel Chambers have extended their searches to include a nearby river.
Police said today (Friday) they were also searching in and around the River Otter.
Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Cavin said: “We are appealing to people who know and use the walkways around the River Otter, particularly between Tipton St John up to Ottery St Mary.
“We know that Daniel used this area and we think he may well have been seen by many walkers and other members of the public who use these paths.”
You may also want to watch:
Daniel was last seen at his home address by his parents at 7.30am on Wednesday.
He usually catches the bus to school from the Golden Lion in Tipston St John at approximately 8.15am to attend school but was not seen getting onto the bus that morning.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Daniel is described as white, around six feet tall, of a slim build, with short dark brown hair and is clean shaven.
He was last seen wearing dark coloured chinos and a grey hoodie with horizontal stripes on the back.
If you think you may have seen Daniel, please contact police immediately on 101 quoting log 502 13/12/17.