Mitsubishi dealership boosts Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
A CAR dealership has pushed the boat out and raised more than £250 for a life-saving Sidmouth cause.
Livery Dole Mitsubishi, in Exeter, raised the money for Sidmouth Lifeboat during a launch event.
The dealership took over part of The Bowd Inn and offered to donate £5 to the charity every time someone took the new super-mini Mitsubishi Mirage for a test-drive.
An impressive 51 test-drives later Livery Dole had raised £255 for the valued cause.
Dealer Nigel Clegg said: “The Sidmouth Lifeboat team do vital work so we are more than happy to support them.
You may also want to watch:
“The team relies on funding to keep going and none of the members get paid for the fantastic job they do.
“We had a great couple of days at the Bowd Inn and Restaurant and we were amazed by how many people came to see us.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
It costs £90,000 a year to run the independent Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Its volunteers are on service 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Money raised will go towards keeping the boat maintained and 15 crew trained and equipped.
Trustee Philip Churchill said: “When Nigel phoned me up to say they had raised all this money, it was a nice surprise – we’re very grateful.”