Mitsubishi dealership boosts Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
A CAR dealership has pushed the boat out and raised more than £250 for a life-saving Sidmouth cause.
Livery Dole Mitsubishi, in Exeter, raised the money for Sidmouth Lifeboat during a launch event.
The dealership took over part of The Bowd Inn and offered to donate £5 to the charity every time someone took the new super-mini Mitsubishi Mirage for a test-drive.
An impressive 51 test-drives later Livery Dole had raised £255 for the valued cause.
Dealer Nigel Clegg said: “The Sidmouth Lifeboat team do vital work so we are more than happy to support them.
You may also want to watch:
“The team relies on funding to keep going and none of the members get paid for the fantastic job they do.
“We had a great couple of days at the Bowd Inn and Restaurant and we were amazed by how many people came to see us.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
It costs £90,000 a year to run the independent Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Its volunteers are on service 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Money raised will go towards keeping the boat maintained and 15 crew trained and equipped.
Trustee Philip Churchill said: “When Nigel phoned me up to say they had raised all this money, it was a nice surprise – we’re very grateful.”