‘Deep gratitude’ for donation to Motor Neurone Disease branch
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers at Sidmouth’s Waitrose have boosted the funds of the local branch of the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association.
A cheque for £420 has been presented to the association, thanks to shoppers who voted with their green tokens for Waitrose to donate to the MND branch through its Community Matters scheme.
Elizabeth Cargill, chair of the Exeter and East Devon MND Association committee, said she wanted to express 'deep gratitude' to Waitrose and all the local people who supported the cause.
She said: "Your kindness will assist to support individuals and families in the area impacted and affected by Motor Neurone Disease.
"MND is a life changing disease, which currently has no cure.
You may also want to watch:
"There are many new trials going ahead and it appears that good progress is being made scientifically to understand and treat symptoms stemming from the disease.
"Meanwhile, your kindness has gifted us an ability to boost our grants for local individuals who may require financial assistance."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary