Model rail exhibition comes to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Train enthusiasts are in for a treat at a Sidmouth model rail exhibition.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary since the closure of Sidmouth Station, a special three-day event called Sidmouth Station – A Lifetime Ago will be run from Tuesday, August 22, until Thursday, August 24.
There will be memorabilia as well as photographs showing the life of the town and its station during the 93 years it was open.
The event will be held at Kennaway House and will be open from 10am until 4pm for the first two days and until 7pm on the third.
A copy of a musical score called The Sidmouth Railway Galop, which was performed for the opening of the station in 1874, will also be played at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pianist Vyvian Bronk will also be recording the ‘galop’ on CD to help raise money to fix the Sidmouth Museum’s roof.
Ann Tanner, the museum’s publicity officer, said she was hoping around 1,000 people would attend.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
Tickets are £3 for adults and £1.50 for under 15s.