Moonwalkers from Sidmouth complete London challenge
- Credit: Archant
A team of audacious ladies from Sidmouth completed a gruelling night-time walking challenge in London for charity.
They raised £2,600 for a breast cancer charity by walking the route of the London marathon through the night.
The team consisted of five members of staff from Dukes, The Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel – together with two friends.
The Moonwalk Challenge was in aid of Walk the Walk, starting at 11.30pm and finishing in the early hours. The London eye, HMS Belfast and other landmarks were lit up in pink for the occasion
Jo Watson, the hotels’ general manager, said: “It was lovely when the sun started coming up to think you had walked all through the night.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it was the tiredness that was more of a challenge than the actual walking. There were a few blisters and aching legs at work on Monday morning!”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future