More than 100 Sidmouth beavers, scouts and explorers enjoy summer camp
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 beavers, cubs, scouts and explorers from Sidmouth took part in a packed weekend at an annual camping event.
The 1st Sid Vale Scout Group Summer Camp was hailed as a great success.
The youngsters from all for sections completed hikes, wild cooking, abseiling, first aid and problem solving as well as team games and the all-important camp fire.
The beavers and cubs were also treated with a trip to the Cullompton ‘Bear Trail’ where they explored a range of fun and challenging assault course obstacles – most involving mud and water in considerable quantities.
Cub scout leader Ian Fletcher said: “It was a really fantastic camp and great to see all the sections together making the most of the amazing facilities the Scout Group has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the most we have ever had on camp and the number of youngsters wanting to take part is testament to the enthusiasm and commitment leaders and helpers put in to making these events a success.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon