Mother and daughter open new boutique in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter duo are preparing for a ‘new adventure’ after opening their first shop in Sidmouth.
AnnMarie and Katie-Mae Bower held a grand opening for Pure Indulgence Boutique yesterday (Thursday).
The family has partnered up with Pure Indulgence owner Steven Kendall-Torry to open the business on the first floor of the Fore Street premises.
Katie qualified last year as a make-up artist after deciding not to go to university. She said partnering up with her ‘best friend’ allowed her the opportunity to explore her passions of fashion and cosmetics.
The 20-year-old added: “I knew I wanted to have something of my own. It’s the independence and it’s down to me to make this work. I cannot think of anything better than having two passions and doing them.
You may also want to watch:
“When I was at college, I was asked, if I did not go to university, what would I do? So I trained to become a make-up artist and I am opening up a business.
“I hope that people know that they do not have to be academic to get where they need to go.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
As well as running the boutique, Katie also has her own mobile make-up business.
AnnMarie who is also mum to Jade, 23, said it was exciting to be opening the business.
She added: “It’s a new adventure and something of my own to run with my daughter.”