Mother and daughter open new boutique in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter duo are preparing for a ‘new adventure’ after opening their first shop in Sidmouth.
AnnMarie and Katie-Mae Bower held a grand opening for Pure Indulgence Boutique yesterday (Thursday).
The family has partnered up with Pure Indulgence owner Steven Kendall-Torry to open the business on the first floor of the Fore Street premises.
Katie qualified last year as a make-up artist after deciding not to go to university. She said partnering up with her ‘best friend’ allowed her the opportunity to explore her passions of fashion and cosmetics.
The 20-year-old added: “I knew I wanted to have something of my own. It’s the independence and it’s down to me to make this work. I cannot think of anything better than having two passions and doing them.
You may also want to watch:
“When I was at college, I was asked, if I did not go to university, what would I do? So I trained to become a make-up artist and I am opening up a business.
“I hope that people know that they do not have to be academic to get where they need to go.”
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
As well as running the boutique, Katie also has her own mobile make-up business.
AnnMarie who is also mum to Jade, 23, said it was exciting to be opening the business.
She added: “It’s a new adventure and something of my own to run with my daughter.”