Motorcyclist taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist is in hospital with serious injuries after a collision in Sidmouth last night (Wednesday).
Police received reports of the single-vehicle collision on Woolbrook Road at around 10.46pm.
A police spokesman said: “Initial investigations indicate that a motorcycle left the carriageway before colliding with railings.
“The rider was taken to hospital by ambulance with serious injuries. No other vehicles are believed to have been involved.
“Enquires are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines also attended and a fire spokesman said the motorcyclist had gone into a fence and was trapped.
The man was trapped by his leg and fire fighters used small tools to cut him free and leave him in the care of paramedics.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Anyone who witnessed the collision is urged to contact the police on 101, quoting the incident number 902 of 13/02/19.