Moustache growing aids Sidmouth cancer charity
Honiton ambulance team grow moustaches and raise �500 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer
AMBULANCE men at Honiton have raised �500 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group – by growing moustaches in November.
Bill and Evelyn Lankester received a cheque from the crew recently, which will go towards the running of the group’s minibus, bought with money raised over a year, thanks to backing from the Sidmouth Herald’s Campaign 2010.
The ambulance team will be the charity’s first month’s sponsors for the minibus in 2012.
“As soon as they heard our plans to start up a sponsor scheme they wanted to be first,” said Bill.
You may also want to watch:
“I have already got another organisation who is giving us �500 to sponsor a month and I have individuals wanting to take out standing orders to give us so much each month to sponsor the minibus.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth