Moustache growing aids Sidmouth cancer charity
Honiton ambulance team grow moustaches and raise �500 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer
AMBULANCE men at Honiton have raised �500 for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group – by growing moustaches in November.
Bill and Evelyn Lankester received a cheque from the crew recently, which will go towards the running of the group’s minibus, bought with money raised over a year, thanks to backing from the Sidmouth Herald’s Campaign 2010.
The ambulance team will be the charity’s first month’s sponsors for the minibus in 2012.
“As soon as they heard our plans to start up a sponsor scheme they wanted to be first,” said Bill.
You may also want to watch:
“I have already got another organisation who is giving us �500 to sponsor a month and I have individuals wanting to take out standing orders to give us so much each month to sponsor the minibus.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight