Moving tale of 106-year-old Grace
A 106-year-old says the recipe to her long life is a tot of whisky each night before bed, home cooked meals, and moving house.
Former Sidmouth resident Grace Jones will celebrate the landmark on Sunday – and wanted to let friends in the town know she is still going strong.
The ex-Old Hayes resident, who cooks for herself every day, is fit and healthy and even attends an art class every week.
She spent 12 happy years in Sidmouth and has moved house a total of 27 times.
Grace moved to the Cotswolds six years ago to be nearer to her daughter, Deidre McCarthy and son-in-law Patrick, formerly of Salcombe Hill Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Mother is an amazing lady in every way,” said Deidre.
“Quite often we have lovely conversations about Sidmouth and memories of the Victoria Hotel.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
Grace will celebrate her 106th birthday with a special luncheon at Buckland Manor, near Broadway, and a tea party at the Ellenborough Park Hotel near Cheltenham.