Moving tale of 106-year-old Grace
A 106-year-old says the recipe to her long life is a tot of whisky each night before bed, home cooked meals, and moving house.
Former Sidmouth resident Grace Jones will celebrate the landmark on Sunday – and wanted to let friends in the town know she is still going strong.
The ex-Old Hayes resident, who cooks for herself every day, is fit and healthy and even attends an art class every week.
She spent 12 happy years in Sidmouth and has moved house a total of 27 times.
Grace moved to the Cotswolds six years ago to be nearer to her daughter, Deidre McCarthy and son-in-law Patrick, formerly of Salcombe Hill Road.
You may also want to watch:
“Mother is an amazing lady in every way,” said Deidre.
“Quite often we have lovely conversations about Sidmouth and memories of the Victoria Hotel.”
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
Grace will celebrate her 106th birthday with a special luncheon at Buckland Manor, near Broadway, and a tea party at the Ellenborough Park Hotel near Cheltenham.