MP Hugo backs Carers Week health checks in Sidford
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer s Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer's Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
Lloyds Pharmacy has teamed up with Carers UK charity, to offer free heart health checks, including cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes, and are available at the Sidford branch in Church Street.
Mr Swire said: "The unpaid care provided to friends and family by carers makes such an important contribution to our society and local communities.
"We have got to make sure their own health doesn't suffer as a result."
You may also want to watch:
A survey carried out by Lloyds Pharmacy describes the health of carers as "alarming".
The free checks are only available during Carers Week to carers with health check vouchers, which can be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward