MP Hugo backs Carers Week health checks in Sidford
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer s Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer's Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
Lloyds Pharmacy has teamed up with Carers UK charity, to offer free heart health checks, including cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes, and are available at the Sidford branch in Church Street.
Mr Swire said: "The unpaid care provided to friends and family by carers makes such an important contribution to our society and local communities.
"We have got to make sure their own health doesn't suffer as a result."
You may also want to watch:
A survey carried out by Lloyds Pharmacy describes the health of carers as "alarming".
The free checks are only available during Carers Week to carers with health check vouchers, which can be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes