MP Hugo backs Carers Week health checks in Sidford
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer s Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
LOCAL MP Hugo Swire is encouraging carers to get free health checks during Carer's Week, which runs until Sunday, June 14.
Lloyds Pharmacy has teamed up with Carers UK charity, to offer free heart health checks, including cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes, and are available at the Sidford branch in Church Street.
Mr Swire said: "The unpaid care provided to friends and family by carers makes such an important contribution to our society and local communities.
"We have got to make sure their own health doesn't suffer as a result."
You may also want to watch:
A survey carried out by Lloyds Pharmacy describes the health of carers as "alarming".
The free checks are only available during Carers Week to carers with health check vouchers, which can be ordered by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride