MP officially opens Oakdown Holiday Park’s new reception building
- Credit: Archant
Oakdown Holiday Park has officially opened its new ‘modern’ and ‘futuristic’ reception hub ahead of its new season.
The five-month project involved 20 local tradespeople from around the Sid Valley and the ribbon was cut by MP Neil Parish last Friday.
As part of the design, the Franks family used oak from a tree on the farm that had been stored away for 30 years after it had been struck by lightning.
Alastair Franks said: “During the summer, we can have 1,000 people on the park a night.
“This [the reception] is the hub of the caravan park and we decided to do something special.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parish, MP for Tiverton and Honiton, told guests: “What you have done is the ultimate diversification from agriculture and you have done it so well.
“I have seen you grow from strength to strength. I reckon you will grown even stronger. That is really what this is about, on a day like this with tourism being at the forefront, I think you are a great beacon, I really do.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
“It’s lovely to have you here, you have got really good staff who are friendly and your family pull together, which is great and I can see getting even bigger as the years go by. But all the time you are providing this great service.”