MP Sir Hugo Swire thanks Sidmouth Royal Mail workers for first-class work ahead of Christmas
- Credit: Archant
“At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period. There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas,” East Devon’s MP says.
East Devon’s MP delivered season’s greetings to Royal Mail staff in Sidmouth by paying a personal visit to their delivery office ahead of Christmas.
With millions of people shopping online for gifts and sending Christmas cards and parcels, the festive period is Royal Mail’s busiest time.
And Sir Hugo Swire went to see first-hand the operation behind the delivery of this important post – and to meet the people who make it happen.
Following his visit, Sir Hugo said it had been ‘great’ meeting the staff at Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period.
“There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan
Royal Mail delivery office manager Jonathan Broome said he was ‘grateful’ for Sir Hugo’s visit to the postal staff ‘working extremely hard’ this Christmas.
The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are: Second Class – Wednesday 20 December, First Class – Thursday 21 December and Special Delivery – Friday 22 December.