MP Swire thanks Sidmouth posties
Hugo Swire MP has visited Royal Mail’s Sidmouth delivery office to pass on best Christmas wishes and encouragement to the postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Mr Swire was shown round the office by local Delivery Office Manager Jon Broome and was introduced to all the postmen and women who are working hard doing their bit to sort and deliver all the cards and parcels in the Sidmouth area in the run-up to Christmas.
Hugo Swire said: “It was great to meet again the hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women at Sidmouth delivery office and to see at first hand just how much effort they put into delivering for people at this time of year.
“Postmen and women do such an important job at this time of year. I like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Jon Broome, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Sidmouth said: “Christmas is the busiest time of year for Royal Mail. Our people really do pull out all the stops throughout the year to ensure mail is delivered quickly, but even more so over the busy festive period. We are grateful that Hugo Swire MP came along to see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.”
You may also want to watch:
Jon Broome added: “Our people do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. And as usual, we’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead