MP to stage East Devon transport seminar
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire is to stage a special seminar to discuss the rail transport needs for East Devon.
The seminar which will be held in Exeter on Friday, March 2, follows meetings held between local rail user groups and Mr Swire earlier this year. It aims to bring together rail users, rail operators, Exeter City Council and Devon County Council to discuss rail transportation needs across Exeter and East Devon over the next decade.
Mr Swire said: “There is an ever-growing demand for rail travel which is why it is key to bring interested parties together.”
The meeting is taking place before the closure of the consultation for the new Great Western Franchise in order to help relevant parties formulate their responses.
Mr Swire added: “This meeting will be an excellent opportunity for all rail stakeholders in the area to collectively discuss important issues such as the Devon Metro, rolling stock, investment, timetables and electrification.”
You may also want to watch:
After short presentations, there will be a free discussion giving representatives from local rail user groups a platform to have their voices heard, crucially with Network Rail. Mr Swire said: “The aim of this meeting is to bring all interested parties together to enable us to set a vision for rail improvement across the area for the next decade.”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses