MP welcomes ASBO consultaion
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire has welcomed a new consultation which aims to tackle anti social behaviour across the region.
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire, pictured, has welcomed a new consultation which aims to tackle anti social behaviour across the region.
Mr Swire said this week the blight had “created havoc in communities across the region” for “far too long.”
Research revealed there were 5,240 reported incidents of anti-social behaviour across Devon and Cornwall last month.
“It’s time now for a fresh approach that properly supports victims and helps the authorities to act quickly and effectively,” said Mr Swire.
You may also want to watch:
He labelled current tools and powers as “too bureaucratic”.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future