Mum looks at establishing Sidmouth majorettes
- Credit: Archant
A MUM wants to make her baton twirling daughter’s dream come true by forming a majorette troupe in Sidmouth.
The town has long been without such a group, so seven-year-old Bethany Parsons is left envious of her Seaton friends when carnival season comes around.
But her mother Deborah, who was born and raised in Sidmouth, is determined to bring together young girls into a club she would have liked to have joined herself.
“Bethany’s been going on and on about it since watching the carnival,” she said. We loved seeing how beautiful they look, and it’s social and teaches discipline.
“I would have done it myself but I don’t think there’s ever been a club – and I’ve heard the same thing from other parents.”
You may also want to watch:
They would go to the group in Seaton if it did not clash with Brownies, but she said if other mums and dads are interested then it makes more sense to set up a Sidmouth group.
Deborah is looking to get together with interested parents, potential sponsors, a venue, a name for the group and help from anyone else with experience of setting up clubs.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The group should be set up in time for next year’s school term.
To help, visit the Sidmouth Majorettes group on Facebook or call Deborah on 07971 373781.