Mum's bravery inspires Ottery man's London to Paris cycle quest
AN OTTERY man will cycle from London to Paris in September after his mum s brave battle after a stroke inspired him to raise cash for their survivors.
AN OTTERY man will cycle from London to Paris in September after his mum's brave battle after a stroke inspired him to raise cash for their survivors.
Matt Wintle, 32, of Hillcrest, will pedal the gruelling 254-miles in four days in a bid to raise �1,500 for the Stroke Association.
The charity is close to Matt's heart after a major stroke five years ago left his mum, Brenda, 65, disabled.
He said: "A stroke changed my mum's life forever. Her bravery and determination now keeps her going day to day. She is severely disabled but makes the most of her life the best she can.
You may also want to watch:
"This is my opportunity to show my support to my mum and other people who have suffered a stroke and to help make a difference.
"When my legs, feet and arms cannot take anymore, I will be able to think of my sponsors to keep me going that extra several hundred miles."
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
Otter Nurseries events co-ordinator Matt, will begin his quest in Twickenham, London, before cycling to Portsmouth and onwards to the ferry across to Caen. He will then travel to Bernay before embarking on a 100-mile final stretch to the famous Arc de Triomphe.
To sponsor Matt visit www.justgiving.com/mattwintle.