Mum's bravery inspires Ottery man's London to Paris cycle quest
AN OTTERY man will cycle from London to Paris in September after his mum s brave battle after a stroke inspired him to raise cash for their survivors.
AN OTTERY man will cycle from London to Paris in September after his mum's brave battle after a stroke inspired him to raise cash for their survivors.
Matt Wintle, 32, of Hillcrest, will pedal the gruelling 254-miles in four days in a bid to raise �1,500 for the Stroke Association.
The charity is close to Matt's heart after a major stroke five years ago left his mum, Brenda, 65, disabled.
He said: "A stroke changed my mum's life forever. Her bravery and determination now keeps her going day to day. She is severely disabled but makes the most of her life the best she can.
You may also want to watch:
"This is my opportunity to show my support to my mum and other people who have suffered a stroke and to help make a difference.
"When my legs, feet and arms cannot take anymore, I will be able to think of my sponsors to keep me going that extra several hundred miles."
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
Otter Nurseries events co-ordinator Matt, will begin his quest in Twickenham, London, before cycling to Portsmouth and onwards to the ferry across to Caen. He will then travel to Bernay before embarking on a 100-mile final stretch to the famous Arc de Triomphe.
To sponsor Matt visit www.justgiving.com/mattwintle.