Mum’s marathon mission for poorly pets is fairy good!
- Credit: Archant
A MARATHON-running mum embarked on a mission to help poorly pets by dressing as a fairy and taking on Britain’s biggest race.
Teacher Naomi Garrick, complete with wings and a wand, finished the London Marathon in an impressive 3 hours 54 minutes on Sunday to raise cash for veterinary charity PDSA.
It was the fourth time Naomi, 44, had tackled the famous 26.2-mile course. She trained for the challenge with her nine-month-old sprocker spaniel puppy Sydney.
Naomi, of Frys Lane in Sidford, said aiding such a vital cause helped her keep going through the pain barrier.
“Knowing that I was helping a charity really spurred me on round the course,” said Naomi. “The support from the crowd and those who’ve sponsored me has been fantastic – a big thank you to everyone for keeping me motivated!”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting to donate to Naomi’s marathon mission can still do so at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NaomiGarrick.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award