Mum’s the word for new Sidmouth website
Initiative aimed at families
A FULL time mum-of-two has launched a new family friendly website aimed at boosting parents and children in Sidmouth.
Denise Bickley, 40, of Tyrrell Mead, hopes mums and dads will help make www.localfamilystuff.com a hit.
The site is aimed at families and features advice and tips on places to go, family friendly cafes, clubs for kids, toddler groups and events, things to do on rainy days, and a forum.
“Sidmouth is thought of as a place for our senior generation to retire to, but we happen to know it’s also full of lots of lovely young families,” said Denise, who gave up her job as a graphic designer two years ago to concentrate on sons Luke, one, and James, four.
You may also want to watch:
“My eldest said I don’t do anything, so I though I’d show him I could.
“I was doing all of this stuff in my family life and I wanted to use my brain a bit and get my head working. I think there is a bit of a gap in the market for this kind of thing.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
“Being a full time mum can be quite isolating, and there seem to be a lot of new families coming into the area.
“I’ve tried to put in everything I can think of on the site. I’m hoping mums and dads will start to use it, fill it up, and make it an asset to the town.”
Denise added she hopes the website can hand awards to particularly family friendly places.