Mum’s the word for new Sidmouth website
Initiative aimed at families
A FULL time mum-of-two has launched a new family friendly website aimed at boosting parents and children in Sidmouth.
Denise Bickley, 40, of Tyrrell Mead, hopes mums and dads will help make www.localfamilystuff.com a hit.
The site is aimed at families and features advice and tips on places to go, family friendly cafes, clubs for kids, toddler groups and events, things to do on rainy days, and a forum.
“Sidmouth is thought of as a place for our senior generation to retire to, but we happen to know it’s also full of lots of lovely young families,” said Denise, who gave up her job as a graphic designer two years ago to concentrate on sons Luke, one, and James, four.
You may also want to watch:
“My eldest said I don’t do anything, so I though I’d show him I could.
“I was doing all of this stuff in my family life and I wanted to use my brain a bit and get my head working. I think there is a bit of a gap in the market for this kind of thing.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
“Being a full time mum can be quite isolating, and there seem to be a lot of new families coming into the area.
“I’ve tried to put in everything I can think of on the site. I’m hoping mums and dads will start to use it, fill it up, and make it an asset to the town.”
Denise added she hopes the website can hand awards to particularly family friendly places.