Mum shows Sidmouth class how to reach target weight
- Credit: Archant
Striving to be happy and keep up with her kids helped a mum lose five stone in less than two years – and now she’s inspiring others in Sidmouth to do the same.
Hayley Burridge, 32, tipped the scales at almost 15 stone in April 2011, but running and Weight Watchers classes saw the pounds drop off week by week.
She reached her target weight of 9st 11Ib last November and became a class leader so she could show others how it is done.
“It’s absolutely changed my life,” she said. “I’m happy as I am. It’s not about being skinny. It’s about being happy.”
The Seaton resident was slim as a teenager, but she started gaining weight at college because of cheap food, cheaper drinks and a sedentary lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
She was overweight when she fell pregnant, and contracted gestational diabetes as a result, but lost weight so she could keep up with her son George, now two, and step-daughter Chloe, 13.
Hayley said the best way to stay on track is to keep your momentum, even in the holiday season.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
“Christmas is just one day. As soon as you’ve finished enjoying it, remember that you want to be happy and healthy, and get back on it the next day – and join Weight Watchers in January!”
Her St Francis Hall class moves to Monday evenings from next month.
She also leads a group in Exmouth, where one of the members celebrated a milestone on Saturday after losing eight stone.