Muse guitar to net vital cash for school
- Credit: Archant
Rock fans could help raise thousands of pounds to improve facilities at Ottery Primary School as part of an auction to own limited-edition Muse memorabilia.
Dad Tim Stark is parting with his signed guitar from the Devon band to boost the school and children’s mental health charity Place2Be, both causes close to his heart.
Fans have until June 2 to put in the highest bid for the guitar, which has a limited hand-printed Drones tour motif, a list of all tour dates and hand-signed signatures.
Tim, 40, helps custom make Muse frontman Matt Bellamy’s guitars and was given the limited-edition instrument as a gift when the band completed its Absolution world tour in 2016. He decided to auction it off after joining the primary school’s PTA and learned of its project to refurbish the swimming pool, which could cost up to £70,000.
Manson Guitar Works, where Tim is employed, has held similar auctions in the past and raised as much as £60,000 for charity. Tim, who is dad to Leo, five, said: “The pool is quite dilapidated and they are trying to save money for that. The teachers do an amazing job and they get less and less funding. I have no expectation at all - anything between £2,000 and £4,000 would be amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to see what I could do to help the school. It was an amazing gift. I never expected to get it from the band. It has been sitting in a box, as many instruments have over the years, and if it doesn’t get played there’s no point in me having it.”
Also being auctioned off are drumsticks from the Teignmouth band’s Absolution Tour and a guitar pick.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
To bid, email email@example.com.