Music 4 Life ready to rock
BEER’S summer extravaganza Music 4 Life takes place on July 3.
Beer Albion Football Club will be the venue for the 12-hour, non-stop feast of music featuring 15 bands. Among those who have pledged to take part, donating their services for free in aid of Hospiscare and the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, are the Blue Bishops, the Partly Animals and Dan Crisp. Streetheat Samba Band will kick things off in Jubilee Gardens before parading up to the football ground where the festival starts at noon.
There will be a jive class, a fun dog show, a magician and a bouncy castle for the children and lots of other games and activities to entertain children and adults alike. A selection of food and drinks stalls will cater to all tastes, with vegetarian options, currys, liquorice, smoothies, coffee and orange juice and local ales in the clubhouse. There will be a number of stalls including jewellery, crafts, ceramics and children’s books and crayons.
Organiser Annie Boalch said: “Tickets are still available and we’ve had lots more stalls say they want to take part recently. It’s getting bigger as we speak – I just hope it’s a nice day!
Raffle tickets are currently being sold at �1 each for the grand draw, the main prizes being an Acer Extensa Laptop, a framed limited edition print by artist Michael Morgan and a week’s holiday at Beer Caravan Park. There is also a silent auction for a selection of lots including a framed limited edition print by local artist Andrew Coates and a BMX bike.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of the event can be found on the website www.music4lifeatbeer.com. Advance tickets are available priced �6.50 for adults and �1.50 for children, rising to �8 for adults and �2.50 for children on the gate. Dogs are welcome on a lead at a cost of �1. Call Liz Fahey on 01297 22797 or email email@example.com to book a pitch.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 7 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 10 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer