Musical duo hold musical wedding in Sidmouth
MUSIC played an important part at Saturday s wedding of Ruth Fung, daughter of Sidmouth GP, Dr Peter Fung and his wife Dr Dilly Fung.
MUSIC played an important part at Saturday's wedding of Ruth Fung, daughter of Sidmouth GP, Dr Peter Fung and his wife Dr Dilly Fung.
Both Ruth and the groom, Jos Jorgensen, have been writing, producing and performing music together since they met 10 years ago.
The couple, who married at Sidmouth Parish Church, met at Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts.
Jos, who has written a number of TV theme tunes, including those of X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, welcomed his Danish family and friends to the wedding.
Jos and Ruth have written and played music for a number of well known artists, most recently for Paloma Faith's new album.
They have also just created and produced a new TV show, which combines contemporary live music with animation and comedy.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 6 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 7 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
- 8 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 9 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 10 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
Ruth, whose stage name is Ruthie Phoenix, was dressed in an original 1950's ivory gown and carried a bouquet of passion roses.
Her grandparents, Councillor Sylvia Carr, George Carr and Joan Fung, contributed to an unconventional service of poetry, contemporary music, laughter and applause. Guests were welcomed to the church by friend and talented blues musician Marcus Bonfanti, and Sidmouth Town Band led a rendition of All You Need is Love as the service, which was led by the Reverend Dave Brown, came to a close.
The wedding reception at Kennaway House included performances by a number of artists, including blues pianist Paddy Milner, and stand-up comedy routines from Ruth's brother, Paul.
The lively evening concluded with the release of Chinese lanterns from a starlit, sandy Jacob's Ladder beach.