Musical entertainment announced for Sidmouth’s Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Archant
It will all be ‘Vine & Dandy’ this weekend as Sidmouth prepares to switch on its Christmas lights for the first time.
Musical duo Ashley Leeds and guitarist Will Vine will be providing a lively warm up before the grand switch on Saturday night.
The pair, who makes up Vine & Dandy, are set to perform a mix of covers, their own music and some Christmas classics.
The lights will be turned on by the Sid Valley’s Admiral Nurse Heidi Crook, at 5.30pm.
Heidi, who has been in the post since March, is Devon’s first admiral nurse providing specialist dementia care and support for families in the Sid Valley.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the night, primary school pupils will have the chance to win £100 toy voucher from Gliddon’s Toys.
Sidmouth Town Council has provided funding for the festive display, with the support of the chamber of commerce, to decorate more areas of the town than ever before.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
The council has also confirmed the Gliddon’s Steam Engine will roll into town to light up the Market Place.
Town clerk Christopher Holland said Saturday promises to be a sparkling start to Christmas in Sidmouth.