Musical offerings at Sidmouth charity shop
THERE S been music everywhere in Sidmouth this week, even in one of its charity shops.
THERE'S been music everywhere in Sidmouth this week, even in one of its charity shops.
The Sue Ryder Care shop in Radway Place has been encouraging music lovers attending this year's FolkWeek festival to create a soundtrack to their summer on a range of quality musical instruments on sale in the shop.
They can choose from acoustic and electrical guitars, violins, saxophones, tambourines, harmonicas, flutes and clarinets, suitable for beginners and more advanced musicians.
All money raised through selling the instruments will go to providing care for people living with long-term or terminal conditions such as cancer, strokes, MS, dementia and motor neurone disease.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Hodges, director of retail for the charity, said: "Our range of musical instruments has been designed to offer good quality products at affordable prices.
"By supporting Sue Ryder Care in this way, local people can help us make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people we care for each year."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
The charity has worked with Mark Griffiths, bass guitarist with The Shadows, to develop a unique collection of vintage guitars.
Mark will join Cliff Richard and The Shadows for a sell-out farewell UK tour in September.
He said: "The Ryder guitars are great value for money - within the student price range but can be used by professionals...they really do deliver."
*Check online at www.suerydercareshop.com for more information.