Mysterious door helps students with creative projects
- Credit: Archant
A mysterious door that appeared on a school playground has opened the imaginations of school children in Ottery.
The door and its frame caused quite a stir at Ottery St Mary Primary School when it arrived on Monday as inquisitive youngsters wanted to know where it had come from.
The children were then asked to use their imagination in a number of ways including drama sketches and writing newspaper reports, comic books and adventure stories.
To end the week, every child will share their work with children from the other year groups.
Frankie Finlay, assistant headteacher at the school, said: "The door arrived on Monday, and it caused quite a stir.
You may also want to watch:
The door has inspired a week of creative writing, and every child has had the chance to produce any piece of writing they would like.
"We're hoping the stories aren't too spooky though."
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites