Mysterious door helps students with creative projects
- Credit: Archant
A mysterious door that appeared on a school playground has opened the imaginations of school children in Ottery.
The door and its frame caused quite a stir at Ottery St Mary Primary School when it arrived on Monday as inquisitive youngsters wanted to know where it had come from.
The children were then asked to use their imagination in a number of ways including drama sketches and writing newspaper reports, comic books and adventure stories.
To end the week, every child will share their work with children from the other year groups.
Frankie Finlay, assistant headteacher at the school, said: "The door arrived on Monday, and it caused quite a stir.
You may also want to watch:
The door has inspired a week of creative writing, and every child has had the chance to produce any piece of writing they would like.
"We're hoping the stories aren't too spooky though."
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories