Mystery donors gift scouts £2,500
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE of anonymous donations have boosted a campaign to land the 1st Sid Vale Scouts a new home by more than £2,500.
The cause received unexpected cheques in the same week.
“The money has been given specifically towards the new building project at the Salcombe Recreation Field,” said group chairman Gareth Hughes.
“One amount for was £100 and a second for just under £2,500. Both donations have been given anonymously and everyone in our group is very grateful for the generosity and financial support.
“The leaders and our volunteers will continue to raise the funds needed through their own efforts and the next event is a jumble sale tomorrow (Saturday, March 8) at St Francis Church Hall at 10 am.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to know more about the scouts’ fundraising plans for the new HQ can contact Gareth on 01395 515552.
Donations can be sent to treasurer Denese Molyneux at Goodrich House, Cheese Lane, Sidmouth EX10 8RA, or online at https://mydonate.bt.com - searching for Ist Sid Vale Scout Group.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again