National year of reading draws to a close
THE last in a series of Readers Workshops will be held at Exeter Central Library on Saturday December 13 from 10am until 2pm.
THE last in a series of Readers' Workshops will be held at Exeter Central Library on Saturday December 13th from 10am until 2pm.
US born but Devon based writer and poet Dana Smith will be steering guests through a sea of great reads with excerpts from Atwood, Shields, Ernest Gaines and Obama among others.
Dana says, "Come and dip into a treasure-trove of stories, share some of the best novels of this year and if you feel inspired, please bring a book which you like so we can add it to our list of this season's great reads. A low-cost, high octone alternative to Christmas shopping".
Devon County Council Executive Member for Culture, Councillor Sheila Hobden says; "Sitting down with others and sharing books and authors is a great way to experience the creative art of reading. I'm sure it'll be a popular event and I would encourage people to join in this last workshop of the series at Exeter Central Library"
You may also want to watch:
The National Year of Reading is a year-long celebration of reading, in all its forms. It aims to help build a greater national passion for reading in England for children, families and adult learners alike.
It also encourages people to read in businesses, homes and communities around the country, providing new opportunities to read and helping people to access help and support through schools and libraries.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead