Nearly 300 compete in 13th Sidbury Fun Run
Weather forecast puts dampner on entries but sun shines for Sidbury fun runners
WEATHER forecasters may have put a dampner on the day, with entries down, but the sun shone brightly for the 13th Sidbury Fun Run on Sunday.
Nearly 300 took part, 198 runners and the rest walking either the three mile long, or shorter one mile courses in Sidbury, taking in part of the grounds at Sidbury Manor.
Rob Summers, one of the 30 organisers, said: “We put the course up on Saturday and couldn’t see Sidbury Manor, but on the day it was as clear as a bell all the way round.”
Guy Bennetts (121), from Sidmouth Running Club, won the men’s open, with Lucy Owen winning the women’s open. The local adults women’s winner was Lucy Miller, with Joe Twomey as first local man home.
You may also want to watch:
First in the 13-17 open, girls, was Emily Woodruff, with Zoe Drew second, while the boy’s open, 13-17 was won by Tom Norris, with Jake Garrick second and Finn Dinham-Price third.
In the local 13-17 girls, Emily Woodruff was first and Zoe Drew second, while in the boys Finn Dinham-Price was first, followed by James Pearce.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 8 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
Girls aged seven to 12 produced a couple of ties, both for first place - Charlotte Bond and Ellis Farrand, and third - Abi Pearce and Flora Willis-Fleming.
The boys’ seven to 12 race was won by Kyle Hartnell, with George Norris second and Mark Pearce third. In the local race in this age group the girls’ results were the same as above, with Mark Pearce winning the boys’ race, with Tom Woodruff second and Patrick Taylor third.
Shields and plates were presented by Sir John and Lady Cave, and all taking part received Ark Pottery mugs. Robbie Drew cooked the hog roast and Amy Crofters, Honiton, provided the music.