Neville steps down from Abbeyfield Sidmouth, seeks SVA replacement
- Credit: Archant
The voluntary vice-chairman of an assisted living company has been bid a fond farewell after 15-and-a-half years.
Abbeyfield Sidmouth Society trustees presented Neville Staddon with gardening vouchers and the staff at Culver House baked him a cake. Retired chartered accountant Mike Gunn has taken over responsibility for the three houses.
Neville, a former treasurer at East Devon District Council, said: “I responded to an advert in the Herald and they took me on.
“Now it’s 15 years later. I’ve enjoyed seeing the facilities at Abbeyfield improve for the benefit of the residents, and it’s kept me mentally active. It’s been rewarding to see the society progress. I’m sure Mike will do a great job for them.”
Neville has served for a decade as the Sid Vale Association treasurer – where he also chairs the Keith Owen investment committee and has seen the fortune increase from £2.3million to £3million – which is now seeking his replacement.
You may also want to watch:
The ideal applicant would have accountancy experience and knowledge of investing.
Anyone interested should contact Alan Darrant on 01395 516158, or leave their contact details at the museum.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon