New bike for Newton Poppleford lad
New bike treat after Oliver raises �408.50 for Sport Relief
YOUNG cyclist Oliver Smith gives the thumbs up sitting astride his brand new bike.
Parents Robert and Gina handed over the red Raleigh at the weekend as a reward for completing a 22.6 mile ride for Sport Relief the previous week.
“He discovered he was getting a new bike by reading your article,” said dad Robert. “We thought that would be a nice way to surprise him.”
Oliver, six, a pupil at Newton Poppleford Primary School, raised �408.50 for the charity, riding on his old bicycle from Exeter Quay to Dawlish.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: “He’s confined to the garden at the moment as he needs to grow an inch or two to be fully in control, but he has lapped the garden a number of times.
“He is very keen to get up to Haldon Forest and has ambition to do 30 miles on the new bike. That will have to be cycle path though.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
“He is very excited about his gears and gives a running commentary on which one he’s in as he circles the garden.”