New blood needed to join Sidbashers to tackle Himalayan Balsam
- Credit: Archant
New blood is needed to help a Sidmouth group clear the valley of pesky weeds.
The Sidbashers are now entering their fourth year removing Himalayan Balsam and are looking to recruit some new members.
Over the years they have cleared balsam covering the main river stream up to The Hare and Hounds, Sidbury to East Hill and around Sidford.
This year, the group is focusing on the stretch of river near Fortesque, the upper river areas and Woolbrook stream.
Peter Endersby, from Sidmouth in Bloom, said: “Our regular team welcome new people to the Sidbashers.
You may also want to watch:
“Work is simple and the plants are easy to pull. You will get the chance to see stretches of the river not normally seen.”
The Sidbashers meet every Tuesday from 9.30am to 12.30pm and offer tuition to newcomers. Participants are asked to wear gloves, bring a drink, wear stout shoes or wellies and to cover their arms. Call 01395 578081 for more information.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles