New business group for East Devon
A new collective is ‘evolving’ from what was the East Devon Business Forum.
The new East Devon Business Group is for all – whether it be sole traders or large manufacturers in the region - says its organisers.
It wants representatives from as many business organisations as possible, including chambers of commerce and trade associations to join up. The aim of the group is to ‘recruit a broad range of businesses and business groups in East Devon, so that it can identify opportunities that will benefit local businesses and also identify the barriers to business and business growth’.
The East Devon Business Group will be entirely business-led and largely self-funded with regular meetings for members.
Serving councillors will not be eligible to serve as officers but, where appropriate, representatives from authorities at local, county and regional level will be invited to attend in order to hear the considered views of business.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations for a chairman are being sought and need to be received by the group before its next meeting at the Deer Park Country Hotel, in Honiton, on Thursday, June 27, at 5.30pm.
An extraordinary general meeting will follow at the same venue on Thursday, July 18, at 5.30pm.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Contact Val Baker at email@example.com or telephone 01823 681484, if you can attend either of the above meetings.