New business group for East Devon
A new collective is ‘evolving’ from what was the East Devon Business Forum.
The new East Devon Business Group is for all – whether it be sole traders or large manufacturers in the region - says its organisers.
It wants representatives from as many business organisations as possible, including chambers of commerce and trade associations to join up. The aim of the group is to ‘recruit a broad range of businesses and business groups in East Devon, so that it can identify opportunities that will benefit local businesses and also identify the barriers to business and business growth’.
The East Devon Business Group will be entirely business-led and largely self-funded with regular meetings for members.
Serving councillors will not be eligible to serve as officers but, where appropriate, representatives from authorities at local, county and regional level will be invited to attend in order to hear the considered views of business.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations for a chairman are being sought and need to be received by the group before its next meeting at the Deer Park Country Hotel, in Honiton, on Thursday, June 27, at 5.30pm.
An extraordinary general meeting will follow at the same venue on Thursday, July 18, at 5.30pm.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Contact Val Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01823 681484, if you can attend either of the above meetings.