New cash for small business initiative
Devon County Council (DCC) has welcomed a new initiative to provide much needed access to finance for small and medium businesses.
Loans of up to �7,500 will be on offer to firms in the county thanks to the new consortium, the Devon Investment Fund.
It aims to build a portfolio of funds to improve and simplify access to finance, including providing �5million to provide small scale loans.
DCC will be working with a number of partners on the scheme, including the Devon Community Foundation, the South West Investment Group, Dartington Hall Trust and the Fredericks Foundation.
The council itself is providing �60,000 to help cover research and start-up cost, and the cabinet member for Economy, Enterprise and Employment, Councillor Will Mumford said: “This fund will certainly help small and emerging enterprises get a foothold in Devon’s business economy.
You may also want to watch:
“Through a co-ordinated package of loans and advice we will be helping Devon’s entrepreneurs realise their dreams and ambitions.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"