Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce appoints new chairman
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce has appointed a new chairman and vice chairman.
David Cook was voted in at Tuesday’s annual general meeting, taking over from David Wheaton after completing his two year term.
Mr Cook, who was appointed vice-chairman last year, will be succeeded by Sally Mynard.
Mel Gater, Mike Lavers, Steven Kendall-Torry, David Wheaton and Edwina Ford were all re-elected onto the executive committee until 2021.
Martin Crockett, Sarah Tregale, Denese Molyneux and Jayne Eley remain on the executive committee until 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Portman remains the elected treasurer until 2020.
The chamber thanked Emma Donovan, who stood down from the committee, for her support to organise the town’s late night shopping for the past two years.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
The Herald’s editor Andre Langlois was the guest speaker on the evening.