New chef has big plans at Ottery’s The Volunteer Inn
- Credit: Archant
A talented young chef has joined the team at an Ottery pub.
Gemma Youlden has already made her mark on the range of meals available at The Volunteer Inn, in Broad Street.
The 23-year-old, who grew up in Alphington and attended The King's School, said: "I absolutely love cooking - it really is my passion.
"I particularly enjoy seeing what our suppliers have available so I can devise our weekly specials around these ingredients.
"I often research online for ideas, taking a basic recipe and putting my own twist on it."
You may also want to watch:
The Volunteer Inn is about to expand the kitchen ready for the pub's new extension in April, after a successful planning proposal was passed late in 2019.
Gemma plans to use the extra space to make even more ingredients from scratch, such as fresh pasta and ice cream.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again