New council homes to open this week
District council builds more affordable homes after Sidmouth bungalows for disabled opened last year
LAST year two bungalows, designed for people with disabilities, were erected in Sidmouth by East Devon District Council.
On Thursday, four new council properties will be opened at Waggs Plot, Axminster, with EDDC’s portfolio holder Communities, Councillor Miss Jill Elson, planting spring bulbs to celebrate the official opening and occupation of the homes.
The first homes to be built by the council in 20 years, a further two flats at Heals Field, Axminster, will also be opened.
They were built following a successful bid by EDDC’s Housing Strategy Unit for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) funding for a council own build programme.
You may also want to watch:
This funding, together with council borrowing, means 17 new homes in East Devon will be completed by the end of March.
This is part of a continuing programme by the council’s housing hervice to provide affordable homes in the district.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead