New council homes to open this week
District council builds more affordable homes after Sidmouth bungalows for disabled opened last year
LAST year two bungalows, designed for people with disabilities, were erected in Sidmouth by East Devon District Council.
On Thursday, four new council properties will be opened at Waggs Plot, Axminster, with EDDC’s portfolio holder Communities, Councillor Miss Jill Elson, planting spring bulbs to celebrate the official opening and occupation of the homes.
The first homes to be built by the council in 20 years, a further two flats at Heals Field, Axminster, will also be opened.
They were built following a successful bid by EDDC’s Housing Strategy Unit for Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) funding for a council own build programme.
You may also want to watch:
This funding, together with council borrowing, means 17 new homes in East Devon will be completed by the end of March.
This is part of a continuing programme by the council’s housing hervice to provide affordable homes in the district.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 3 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 6 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 7 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed