New exhibition for Sidmouth artist
- Credit: Archant
A self-taught Sidmouth artist has lined up another exhibition of her work.
Jacqueline Steel’s new exhibition, Salt and The Earth, is at Kennaway House until Friday, June 23, 10am-4.30pm.
It features her latest landscapes, seascapes and miniatures, and admission is free.
“Jacqueline’s work is beautiful and atmospheric,” said a Kennaway spokesperson. “An inspired and driven artist, she captures the magic of a place in her deft treatment of colour and light, using oil paints on canvas or board. She puts heart, soul and passion into her paintings, and her work provokes emotional responses.”
Jacqueline only started painting a few years ago. Inspired to pick up a paintbrush while working at the King’s School, she was encouraged to do her art A-level alongside the pupils. Since then she has exhibited twice in London, and last year at Kennaway House.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s a much sought-after artist,” said the Kennaway spokesperson, “so view her work as early as possible.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights