New-found confidence for Jenifer after she loses 4st
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth Slimming World member, who has dropped five dress sizes just in seven months, says she can now enjoy walks in the countryside without getting out of breath.
Jenifer Tucker, of Budleigh Salterton, has lost four stone by challenging herself to improve her health and fitness.
Jenifer, who joined the group in May, said: “Even a small amount of weight loss gave me confidence and energy to get out and about walking.
“I have never been one to go to the gym, so being encouraged by the group to start building activity into my day was brilliant.
“Now, I really enjoy long walks in the countryside - something I would never have been able to do before the summer as I was always out of breath. I’ve made new friends and we help each other achieve our targets.”
You may also want to watch:
The group currently holds five weekly sessions and is preparing to launch a sixth on Monday evening at the Dissenters Hall, opposite Sidmouth Victoria Hospital. The meeting will begin at 7.30pm.
Sidmouth consultant Jon Borowik, who himself lost six stone in the run-up to his wedding, said Jenifer was inspiring other members to make changes. He added: “It’s fantastic to see Jenifer make those changes to her daily life. Jenifer is at group each week sharing her recipes, tips and inspiring so many more people to make similar changes too.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead