New gym equipment on Beer seafront revealed
- Credit: Archant
Beer’s new ‘gym with a view’ is now open at the Jubilee and parish councillor Martin Cox has been taking it for a spin.
The £7,500 investment paid for two pieces of equipment, which are sited by the RNLI hut and further up the hill.
Residents and tourists can now have a go at cycling, stepping and skiing – all with a sea view.
Project leader Martin said: “I am happy to have been able to assist in the process of using the available sports funding to provide the chosen sporting equipment for use by all in Beer and by its many visitors.
“The view one has when using the equipment is truly outstanding and a great incentive to get out there and get fit.”
You may also want to watch:
He thanked everyone who has been involved in making the project happen.
The money came from developers who built in the village, and the design was chosen in consultation with residents.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
Councillor Geoff Pook, the East Devon District Council member for Beer and Branscombe, said: “People spend thousands going to gyms to use equipment packed into stuffy sweaty rooms with video walls if they are lucky.
“Here they can enjoy some of the best equipment, in clean fresh air with views to die for, and it’s all for free.”