New gym equipment on Beer seafront revealed
- Credit: Archant
Beer’s new ‘gym with a view’ is now open at the Jubilee and parish councillor Martin Cox has been taking it for a spin.
The £7,500 investment paid for two pieces of equipment, which are sited by the RNLI hut and further up the hill.
Residents and tourists can now have a go at cycling, stepping and skiing – all with a sea view.
Project leader Martin said: “I am happy to have been able to assist in the process of using the available sports funding to provide the chosen sporting equipment for use by all in Beer and by its many visitors.
“The view one has when using the equipment is truly outstanding and a great incentive to get out there and get fit.”
You may also want to watch:
He thanked everyone who has been involved in making the project happen.
The money came from developers who built in the village, and the design was chosen in consultation with residents.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Councillor Geoff Pook, the East Devon District Council member for Beer and Branscombe, said: “People spend thousands going to gyms to use equipment packed into stuffy sweaty rooms with video walls if they are lucky.
“Here they can enjoy some of the best equipment, in clean fresh air with views to die for, and it’s all for free.”