New honorary MD for daytime band
- Credit: Archant
A daytime band has appointed its new honorary musical director, after a successful appeal to find someone to lead its weekly sessions.
The East Devon Daytime Band will welcome Paul Bridgman into the role as part of its plans to grow and develop the band.
The accomplished musician has a wide range of musical interests. He plays 1st solo horn player with local brass and concert bands as well as piano, violin.
He also enjoys performing in choral and amateur dramatic productions.
Trevor Heynes, band chairman, said: “Paul has already made his mark on improving our performance and we are working with him to develop a fete programme that will be available for public performances.”
You may also want to watch:
New members are welcome to join the group which rehearse every Wednesday morning at Tipton St John Community Hall.
The practice runs from 10am to noon. To find out more visit the band’s website: http://eastdevondaytimeband.weebly.com/
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street