New installations putting Ottery businesses on the map
- Credit: Archant
Ottery’s businesses have been put on the map as part of plans promoting every trader in the town.
A number of maps have been installed around the town for visitors after the Ottery Business Forum asked the town council if Section 106 money – a levy paid by developers – could go towards the project.
Matt Waite, from Wall Art, created the design and is also working on creating print maps for visitors.
The forum will also look to update the contents of the maps once a year.
Marc Perkins, owner of Perkins Farm & Pet and member of the Business Forum, said: “Ottery has so much to offer to visitors, yet many often don’t realise how many great independently owned shops, cafés, pubs and restaurants the town has, with some of them being somewhat out of the main town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hoping that this great new map will help these people in particular spend more time in the town, and of course more money too.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future